Fabric Inspection is an important aspect followed prior to garment manufacturing to avoid rejects due to fabric quality and facing with unexpected loss in manufacturing. Fabric inspection is done for fault/defect rate, fabric construction, end to end or edge to edge shading, color, hand or feel, length/width, print defect and appearance. Fabric inspection ensures to minimize the rejection of cut panels or rejected garments due to fabric faults. Cutting inspected and approved fabric ensures not only finished garment quality but also reduces rejects, improves efficiency and timely deliveries.
- Fabric inspection is done in suitable and safe environment with enough ventilation and proper lighting.
- Fabric passing through the inspection frame must be between 45 – 60 degree angles to inspector and must be done on appropriate Cool White light above viewing area. Back light can be used as and when needed.
- Fabric speed on inspection machine must not be more than 15 yards per minute.
- All fabric inspection must be done when 80% of good or lot is received.
- Standard approved bulk dye lot standards for all approved lots must be available prior to inspection.
- Approved standard of bulk dye lot must be available before starting inspection for assessing color, hand, weight, construction, finish and visual appearance.
- Shade continuity within a roll by checking shade variation between, center and selvage and the beginning, middle and end of each roll must be evaluated and documented.
- Textiles like knits must be evaluated for weight against standard approved weight.
- Fabric width must be checked from selvage to selvage against standard.
- All defects must be flagged during inspection.
- The length of each roll inspected must be compared to length as mentioned on supplier ticketed tag and any deviation must be documented and reported to mill for additional replacement to avoid shortage.
- If yard dyed or printed fabrics are being inspected the repeat measurement must be done from beginning, middle and end of selected rolls.
Please complete and submit the request for fabric inspection! We promise you to arrange fabric inspection service within 24 hours after receiving your request.